Thursday, September 24, 2009

Collage Magic





Making these collages was fun. I have made a few in my day, but I am for sure the most satisfied with the one above. This is because I had to work within limited means and come up with something that I thought was great. Most of the collage's I've made in my past are a random sequence of events with images I liked or people I admired. This time I wanted to find and stick with a theme of some sort. Looking through my home, which I share with two men, all I could rummage up in the way of magazines was girls, girls, and more girls. So, in my mind I formulated a classic theme. Attack of the giant women! After that, things feel nicely into place.

When we were in class, we had the opportunity to take pictures of our collage and play with it on the computer in an attempt to extract an abstract image from the originals. In the second picture above, I messed with the color, shadows and highlights to create this negative looking effect. I liked it a lot because it turns my colorful picture into a dark creepy looking image. You can still define the elements in the picture, but they are distorted enough to elicit a very different feeling. The third picture also turned out great. I cropped the picture and worked with the upper left hand corner, once again playing with colors and using a tool to blur everything together. I really liked the way it looked, because it gives me the feel of an old time movie poster in the way it looks sort of cartoon like now. I was very satisfied with all of these images and how they contrast and complement one another when you see them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment