Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fuchs & Friends Faculty Recital



The concert I attended at Milne Auditorium was great. The auditorium itself is beautiful and helped set the mood for the cultured experience that it housed. I loved the paintings on the back of the stage with the columns accentuated by shadows. For the first piece of the performance, there was a violin, cello and piano. After a beautiful beginning the cello player broke a string and there was more waiting to be done. Once they started up again things went smoothly. The music was great, but it was hard for me to focus entirely. Usually I really like small groups of strings, especially since I used to participate in a quartet in middle school playing the bass. In this performance however, my mind focused almost entirely on the piano and the violin players odd breathing pattern that made me drift off into my own head. Also, I sat next to someone who accidentally had a noisy water bottle and a few times I was just trying not to laugh. But the players were very talented and when the viola took the stage for the second piece it rounded out the sound of the other strings better and was easier for me to follow. All in all a pleasant experience and a great opportunity to appreciate he faculty and their talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment